The Forked Cluster – Crochet Stitch Tutorial is copyrighted by I Need It Crochet. You may not copy, share, change, or sell the pattern itself. Also, you may not claim this pattern as your own. All pictures contained in this pattern fall under the copyright and may not be used.
Finished items made from The Forked Cluster – Crochet Stitch Tutorial belong to you, and you may do what you wish with them. If you choose to sell them on Etsy, I would very much appreciate it if you credited me as the pattern designer.
When I designed The Crossroads Sweater, I really wanted to find another stitch to compliment the Crown Puff Lattice that is the main feature in that pattern. I wanted it to be a fun and interesting stitch that wouldn’t take all the glory from the lacy detail.
I decided that the Forked Cluster would be perfect, as it follows the triangle shape of the Crown Puff Lattice pattern, while also adding a little bit of texture and dimension.
The Forked Cluster Stitch is a fairly simple stitch to master. And once you get the hang of it, I think you’ll find that it just flies off your hook.
– First, you *yo, insert your hook into the specified stitch, and draw up a loop. ** Don’t make this loop too loose. Make it about the same size you would if you were trying to make a dc (see Figure 1).
– Then, repeat from * to ** 1 more time. You should now have 5 loops on your hook (see Figure 2).
– Yo and pull your yarn through 4 loops (see Figure 3). You will now have 2 loops on your hook.
– Skip the next st, *yo, insert your hook into the specified stitch, and draw up a loop. ** Repeat from * to ** 1 more time. You should now have 6 loops on your hook.
– Yo and pull your yarn through 4 loops (see Figure 4). Yo and pull your yarn through the remaining 3 loops (see Figure 5). You have now made a forked cluster stitch. Easy, right?
If you want to keep practicing, ch2 and begin your next Fc in the next st. Once you have the hang of it, head on over to The Crossroads Sweater and give that a go.
And be sure to check back here often, as I’m sure I will be using this stitch again in future patterns! 😉
If you enjoyed The Forked Cluster – Crochet Stitch Tutorial, you might want to check out my other Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials.